- Central Express is committed to ensuring the privacy of individuals and is bound by the National Privacy Principles which are set out in the Australian Privacy Act 1998. This policy provides information on Central Express’s information handling practices. When information is collected directly from individuals we will provide further relevant information at the point of collection.
- We will only collect information from individuals when it is necessary or desirable for the performance of a business function, including the full range of services offered by us. The information we collect will depend on the individual’s relationship with us. Sensitive information (for example, an individual’s racial or ethnic origin) will only be collected if the individual gives consent or if it is required by law.
- “Sensitive information means information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political, professional or trade association, philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership of trade union, sexual preferences or practices, or criminal record. It also includes health information”.
- We only use personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. We may also use this information for secondary purposes which directly relate to the primary purpose’ of collection. (For example, you may be required to fill in a form to register for our services, credit references, administration and accounts etc and we may use your contact details to send you materials and details of other services offered by us and our associates).
- Contact information held by us may also be used to inform individuals of special offers or additional services provided by us and those of our associated business partners and suppliers. The individual contacted will be provided with the option of not receiving further communication of this nature.
- We do not sell any of the personal information we collect. We will only disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, or for a secondary purpose if it directly relates to the primary purpose as outlined above. Individuals will be informed of this, and may have to sign a consent form at the point of collection.
- We may engage third parties to perform certain business functions. Therefore, it is sometimes necessary to disclose your personal information to those third parties and suppliers. Where disclosure takes place, we seek to ensure that your personal information is handled in accordance with the Australian National Privacy Principles.
- We endeavor to protect your personal information from unauthorised use, access, disclosure and alteration. Employees and contractors are only provided with access to personal information that is relevant to their roles and responsibilities, and we seek to ensure that staff comply with this policy on the handling of personal information. IT protection systems and internal procedures are also utilised to protect the personal information held. We will hold your information until there is no longer a business or legal need to retain it.
- We seek to maintain the accuracy of your personal information. We encourage you to contact us if the information we hold about you is incorrect or to notify us if your personal information has been changed.
- You may contact the Privacy Officer on (03) [insert] or [insert email address] at any time to access the personal information we hold about you. We may require that you fill out a form to access this information. Access will be provided unless the request is unreasonable or the Australian National Privacy Principles permit us to decline that access. As permitted by law, a fee may be requested to cover the cost of the access.
COMPLAINTS AND CONCERNS
- If you have any concerns about the handling of your personal information, please contact the Privacy Officer on (03) 9529 7511 or at email@example.com. We may ask that you put your request in writing and will seek to resolve your concern as promptly as possible.
- We may modify or amend this policy at any time provided the policy still complies with the Privacy Act.